Niall's Travel Blog

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Serbia in Photos



A beautiful old car performs his last task in life, a lovely retirment.



The Serbians are a very friendly people, this old farmer starts waving on seeing me coming down the motorway.



The Serbian countryside



In Nis I meet Kika who takes me for a traditional Serbian meal, delicious!



He also gives me a guide around Skull tower, where the heads of Serbs defeated by the Turks in the independece war we plastered into a tower as a warning against further uprisings.



Dragana and Milan invite me to their home where their sister's 21st birthday party is just about to kick off.







DJ Lazar keeps the music flowing while the local rakija brewer presents us with his ambrosia.





The next day, I make merry with the town poets...


...and say goodbye to my Serbian family


2000km clocked up, all good so far



And a beautiful sunset backlights the Orthodox church as I cross into Bulgaria

6 comment(s):

Hey Niall, how's your trip going? Where are you now? Hope all is good and to hear from you soon! Take care x) Maya from Sofia

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 p.m.  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 a.m.  

Hey Niall.
Just dropped in on your blogg for the first time in awhile. Looks like your definitely getting closer to Kazakhstan alright! Interesting choice of family to stay with-high percentage of young attractive looking women. Go on ya dog! Good luck with the rest of your journey dude.
Cillian

By Blogger Cilzo, at 12:25 p.m.  

Hi Niall this is Greta in Galway just wishing you a safe journey!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 p.m.  

I share the same views. Liked your blog very much.

By Anonymous Messi, at 7:23 a.m.  

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 a.m.  

Post a comment

<< Home